Friday, November 20, 2009

Dane Cook; Mildly hilarious?


Last night my sister Heather and I were offered free box-seat tickets to Dane Cook at the MTS Centre.

The show was pretty good, but the consensus among most of us who attended last night agreed that we have seen, or heard Cook in a funnier light.

There were parts of the show where I thought he was absolutely hilarious. (Like when he described the "secret folder" that all men have hidden deep in the bowels of their computers, containing their deepest, darkest sexual secrets and fantasies...Or, when he described so perfectly the strange "relaxation music" that can be heard at any given spa...) However, there were also times when I thought he wasn't very funny at all. (I'm not a fan of bathroom talk, or making fun of people with special needs.)

We got there a little late, so we missed most of the first act. (I can't even remember his name!!) And the second act, who I also can't recall his name, and have not had any luck finding it on google, had Heather and I laughing out loud almost the entire time. (What can I say, I like crude sex humour...)

I am glad that I was able to go to this show, as I truly think that Dane Cook is funny, but I'll openly admit that I am glad that I didn't pay for my ticket. (My reaction to the show might have been completely different if I had...)

I doubt that I would ever go see Cook again, but I am glad that I got to see him last night!

1 comment:

  1. I was there too, and he was just as unfunny from the 300 level as he was from you level.

    ReplyDelete