Friday, April 2, 2010

We put our SOLES into this...

I have been counting down to the end of first year since about two weeks into CreComm. However, now that it is quickly approaching I'm getting a little sad. (I know, I know, kinda lame...) But I am.
We just finished our magazine project (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's a dreadful, yet incredibly awesome and fulfilling project that sees a group of four -- assembled randomly by a teacher --create a magazine from scratch!)
My group, Yvonne, Andrew, Sean and I created a magazine called Soles: a magazine about shoes and the people who wear them. It was a challenging project all around, but in the end, we made an awesome magazine that we are all extremely proud of. We also took home top place for best overall magazine at yesterday's magazine fair. It was a honour, because the competition was fierce, as all of the magazines made by the first year CreComm's were absolutely incredible.
I guess the reason I am getting so nostalgic all of a sudden is because one CreComm milestone has just passed; the magazine fair. Soon, summer will be here, and we will all fall back into real life, anticipating (or perhaps dreading) our second, and final, year in this program.
I have never worked so hard in my life, and I have never been pushed so hard in my life. For that I am extremely thankful. Also, I feel as though I have made such deep rooted friendships with both students and teachers. I finally feel like I am in the right place in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Shelley! Well deserved! Also, you looked so splendid yesterday too!

    ReplyDelete