Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The best days of our lives...


Reading week has been utterly refreshing! I am about to head out of my apartment, and join the Y. I can't wait to get on that treadmill! (Seriously folks, I am listening to Eye of the Tiger as I write this...)

This morning I had to head down to the Canadian Dimension in the Exchange District and put in a few hours of "interning." As luck would have it, I ran into one of my favourite people in CreComm; Andrew Kress. We had a little coffee date at Mondragon, and it was awesome. (I know that its only been a couple of days, but I have grown accustomed to seeing my CCBFF ("CreComm Best Friends Forever" as Duncan puts it) every day, so not seeing my CCBFF's over the course of these couple of days has really put me into withdrawal!)

That being said, these much needed days off are still a godsend!

There is so much truth in the term "CreComm Mafia," we've all grown so close and developed wicked friendships during the short time that we've been in this program. These are the best days of our lives folks; one day we'll look back and long for the intense days of CreComm.

It's hard to imagine that under all of this stress, and all of this pressure, that we are actually experiencing the best days of our lives; but we are. In such a cut-throat industry, here we all are, working our asses off to achieve our dreams, and the the most remarkable part is that we are helping one another do that. It's hard to explain, but even though this program, and the "industry" that we are all trying to be a part of, is extremely competitive, we all do our damnedest to help each other, and not to let anyone fail. If any of us need help, there is someone who is willing to give it. It's astounding.

Ugh, I'm getting all mushy here. But, in my defence the last couple of days has enabled me to recharge my batteries, and realize that I am so lucky to be where I am with the people that are there with me.

I love you CreComm!

That being said, it's time for me to go to Y before I get to sentimental and start writing love letters to all of my classmates!

Tata for now.


Oh, and as an added bonus, here's an awesome video that Jeff Ward made of the CreComm Bachelor/Bachelorette Auction (I get serious around the five minute mark...)

No comments:

Post a Comment