Thursday, February 11, 2010

My golden ticket?


It's been difficult to blog these days. I feel as though I bring to the forum is a bunch of complaints about how tired, busy and overwhelmed I am. This is CreComm, of course I'm all of those things.

This semester I am really struggling; I want to do well, but I feel as though I am barely keeping my head above water. I have contemplated quitting my job, quitting school, quitting everything. However, thankfully those thoughts usually only come in the really stressful moments. I usually have a little anxiety attack, and then find a way to talk myself out of it.

I want this really bad, and I've never worked harder for anything in my life.

It's funny, because the one thing that I realize is that CreComm is my ticket to change the world. -- When this is all said and done I want to devote myself to making the world a better place for others; that's the one thing in my life that has made me happiest. (Yes, that sounds cheesy and cliche, but I can't even put into words the absolute feeling of joy when I see that something I've done has impacted someone else's life. It's incredible.) Being in this program has enabled me to meet other people who have the same vision and goals as I do, and it has given me the 'tools' to better myself in my endeavours to change the world.

That being said, I'm not sure if I want to work in the non-profit sector professionally. I really enjoy the volunteer aspect of it all.

I'm getting way ahead of myself though. Right now my life is too chaotic to do as much as I'd like in regards to my volunteer work. I am working on a project right now for the Joseph Beeper Spence Drop-in, but I can't help the cause as much as I'd be able to if it was a different time of my life.

Ah well, as busy as I am, I would be lying if I said that I wasn't having the time of my life. I've met some incredible friends, learned so much, and being in this program has given me opportunities that I'd never have without it.

No matter how hard it gets, I know that quitting is never an option.

Image: Natalie Dee

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Shelley. Reading week will recharge the batteries in each one of us. Before you know it, 1st year will be over and we'll all be looking forward (yes, looking forward) to 2nd year.

    ReplyDelete