Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Resolution 1: Stop Looking for a Husband


So one of the New Year's resolutions that I made this year is that I am going to stop looking for a husband.

No really, I am going to stop looking for a husband, he'll find me when he's ready– No really, he will, and if he doesn't I don't care because I'll have an awesome career, a comfortable lifestyle, and a long-haired grey cat to keep me company. (Did I mention that I'm going to get myself a long-haired grey cat one of these days...)

My biological clock on the other hand, it's working overtime to try and convince me that I need to continue the search. I'm not getting any younger, and my pretty days are sneaking away from me.

Oh, what a conundrum.

To be perfectly honest, I don't really want a husband. I mean, yes I want someone to carry in the groceries, take out the garbage, change the oil in my car, and fight with on occasion, but I'd like for them to leave after that.

Is that bad?!

I like my space, I like my ability to be inconsiderate, and most importantly I like dating guys.

This isn't to say that when I find my husband I won't stop being an inconsiderate and selfish slut, cause I totally will...Well, I probably will anyway. I'll give it my best shot. (I'm kidding about being a slut, I'm totally not one. I swear.) Right now I am having a good time not being somebody's wife, so I don't understand why I feel the need to constantly find a husband.

Arrrrgh. It's frustrating. My biological clock is totally going bonkers, and what's worse is that I have started competing with other people (and myself.)

"Oh no, so-and-so is married and has kids, I better get married and have kids too!"

Barf. It's life, not a game. (I have to remember to remind myself that.)

So anyway my first New Year's resolution for 2011 is to stop trying to find a husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment